In the chain of reviews of the latest mobile phones being launched, Cellphone Doc presents a review of the most awaited phone the Galaxy Nexus. Google presented the latest version of Android operating system, that is, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with the launch of this phone whose hardware is developed by Samsung. The phone was initially supposed to be unveiled on October 11, 2011 but postponed due to death of Steve jobs and was finally displayed in Hong Kong on October 19, 2011. It was launched replacing the previous phones of the same category namely Nexus One and Nexus S. In the US this phone is yet to launch, however, is expected to be available on December 9th.
Users were not happy with Galaxy Nexus initially. It had a bug which made the volume fall down while making calls over 2G networks. But Google fixed this bug very soon. Now there is no volume drop problem in the phone. The phone has not been yet launched in US. People who want to buy this phone have to wait for few more days. Google plans to launch Galaxy Nexus on December 8. It is expected that Nexus will be available with Verizon at highly attractive prices.
For those who have used Nexus One and Nexus S, most of the features of phone are similar except the latest operating system Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich which provides amazingly new features like face unlock and voice typing. Let us have a look over some distinct features of the phone which make the phone a must buy.
- Galaxy Nexus has a brilliant 4.65 inch Super AMOLED PenTile curved glass display. It has a capacitive touch screen has an eye catchy resolution of 1280×720 pixels with 16 million colors. The phone as no physical keys in the front. It instead has soft keys which are embedded into the operating system.
- It provides amazing processing speed with a perfect blend of 1.2 GHz TI OMAP 4460 dual core processor and 1GB PowerVR SGX450 RAM. Though the processor can run between 1.2GHz and 1.5GHz, it is locked by Samsung to run at 1.2GHz so that the user gets optimum and consistent performance from the phone.
- Galaxy Nexus has a front facing 1.3MP camera and a rear facing 5.0MP camera. The front camera provides clear and sharp images and is capable of streaming video though the phone has not been added yet to the supported handset list of Skype. The rear facing camera is supported by an LED flash and has zero shutter lag to take crystal clear images having resolution up to 2592×1936 pixels. The camera can also record 1080p HD videos and stream the same on a HDTV via Micro USB 2.0 port.
- Galaxy Nexus has a big battery having a capacity of 1850 mAh. Users can enjoy a talk time of up to 17 hours while in 2G network and 8 hours while operating in 3G network. When in idle mode, the battery will keep the phone on for more than 10 days.
- If you network supports LTE then this could be the right phone for you. Galaxy Nexus can access 4G LTE network and provide the user with a lightning fast download speed of up to 21 Mbps and upload speed of 5.76 Mbps. Besides this, the phone can also access data over GSM/EDGE/GPRS and wireless networks. User can keep a watch over data usage with the help of an inbuilt application and control the excessive mobile bills.
The size of Galaxy Nexus makes the phone a bit large to fit properly in pocket yet its strong features over other Android phones make it a preference for Android fans. There is no doubt that this impressive phone will never disappoint its users.